This is one of those “it’s good to be home” meals. I love vacation, and I love eating out, but after traveling for awhile, I just can’t wait to get home and get back to my regular healthy eating routine. You know, the one that includes a morning smoothie instead of a croissant, and light vegetable-packed dinners like this one instead of multi-course dinners with wine pairings. Not that I’m complaining AT ALL, btw… but it’s time to get back on track and I’m doing that by eating the rainbow:
We’re partnering with Almond Breeze as part of their Serve Up Your Best campaign. Since they’re the official sponsor of Team USA Volleyball, I thought I’d serve up a super healthy recipe today.
You can customize these bowls with whatever veggies you like, but my strategy here was to represent every primary color. Well, except blue. Blueberries would be a little weird here. What’s not weird are red peppers, orange carrots, yellow tomatoes, cucumber, baby kale, scallions and shredded purple cabbage. Slice & dice, then toss everything together with brown rice noodles and this light savory dressing that’s made with almond butter, ginger, lime, tamari and creamy Almond Breeze Almondmilk Cashewmilk.
This salad keeps well in the fridge – save the leftovers for multiple lunches during the week.
This giveaway is now closed, thank you for your feedback!
Rainbow Bowls w/ Almond-Ginger Dressing
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 large cucumber, spiralized or thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, peeled into ribbons
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes, any color or variety
- 6 cups loose packed baby kale
- 2 cups shredded purple cabbage
- 8 to 10 basil leaves, chopped
- 2 scallions, chopped
- ½ cup edamame or protein of choice
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 8 ounces cooked brown rice noodles
- ¼ cup almond or cashew butter
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 1½ tablespoons tamari, plus more to taste
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ teaspoon minced ginger
- ⅓ cup Almond Breeze Almondmilk Cashewmilk Original
- optional: a squirt of sriracha
- Make the dressing: In a small bowl, combine the almond butter, lime juice, tamari, ginger and garlic. Whisk until smooth. Add the Almond Cashewmilk and whisk to combine. (At this point, the dressing might taste a little salty & strong but once it’s tossed with all of the vegetables, the flavors will become more balanced). Chill until ready to use. If it separates, give it a little stir before using.
- In a large bowl, combine the pepper, cucumber, carrot, cherry tomatoes, kale, cabbage, basil, scallions, edamame, hemp seeds and brown rice noodles. Add the dressing and toss. Taste and season with more tamari, if desired.
This post is sponsored by Blue Diamond Almond Breeze Almondmilk. Almond Breeze believes in the best. That’s why we only use Blue Diamond Almonds to make our almondmilk and why we’re proud to be an official sponsor of USA Volleyball. Visit www.ServeUpYourBest.com for a chance to win $5,000 for the ultimate beach day, learn fun volleyball moves, get an Almond Breeze coupon and smoothie recipes!
If you make this, let us see! Tag your photo with #loveandlemons on Instagram.