Happy almost Cinco de Mayo (a.k.a, one of our favorite holidays of the year!). It’s time to break out the margaritas, chips & salsa and of course – eat tacos! Although if you’ve been reading this blog long, you know that Jack and I don’t need a holiday as an excuse to eat tacos.
These tacos are stuffed with grilled Sunshine Sweet Corn, poblano peppers, and crumbly cotija cheese. If your weather is nice this weekend, this recipe is a great excuse to break out your grill, if not you can grill these on a grill pan like I did.
Grill until your corn is charred – slice it off the cob, mix your filling together and stuff it all into a tortilla. This is so quick and easy. You can stop there or add a few slices of avocado and your favorite tomatillo salsa.
And don’t forget – you could win a $500 grocery giveaway courtesy of Florida Sunshine Sweet Corn. (Click here to enter). Also, you could receive 10 additional entries if you upload a corn husking, corn recipe or spring photo when you enter!
Grilled Corn & Poblano Tacos
- 2 ears of fresh sweet corn
- 1 poblano pepper
- drizzle of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallions
- ⅓ cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1 small lime
- ⅓ cup crumbled cotija or feta cheese
- a few sprigs of cilantro
- 4 tortillas, grilled or warmed
- salt and pepper
- avocado slices
- your favorite salsa
- Preheat a grill or cast iron grill pan. Drizzle the corn with olive oil, salt and pepper. Place it on the hot grill pan along with the poblano pepper (you can grill the pepper dry). Grill, rotating the corn occasionally until grill marks form on all sides of the corn. Grill the poblano until it softens and blackens on all sides.
- Remove vegetables from the grill. Slice the kernels off the corn. Remove the stem and seeds of the pepper and dice. Toss with scallions, tomatoes, a squeeze of lime and more salt and pepper.
- Assemble tacos with the corn poblano filling, cheese, cilantro. Serve with lime slices, avocado slices and your favorite salsa.
gluten free option: use corn or brown rice tortillas
If you make this, let us see! Tag your photo with #loveandlemons on Instagram.