If you love Greek salad but you also love pizza – this recipe is for you. This one combines those two yummy things into a fresh & healthy flatbread. This mashup is a genius idea that I wish I could take credit for but today the recipe (and all of the ingredients to make it), came from Hello Fresh, the healthy meal kit delivery service. We tried out their veggie box last week and are here to report back with our stamp of approval!
We got the veggie box option which came with everything to make 3 dinners. They were all delicious and foolproof… and what I really mean by foolproof is that even Jack was able to easily prepare these all by himself (the ultimate test!). After I made this one, he made the other two recipes later in the week. The ingredients came pre-measured and the instructions were really easy to follow. Plus, it’s a lot healthier than take out.
But most importantly – yum! We freshly baked whole wheat dough with cheeses, red onion, artichokes, and tomatoes and topped it all with crisp romaine lettuce dressed with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. So simple, so delicious.
Hello Fresh is giving Love & Lemons readers $35 off your first box! Just go to hellofresh.com and use the code LOVELEMONS at checkout.
- 1 (approx. 8 oz.) ball of store-bought pizza dough
- flour for rolling out the dough
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- ¼ cup olives
- ½ cup grape tomatoes
- ½ cup marinated artichokes
- 1 very small red onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 heart romain lettuce
- ¼ cup feta cheese
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough into a ¼ inch thick rectangle, about 9×13 inches. Place onto a lightly oiled baking sheet and prick all over with a fork. Place in the oven for 8-12 minutes, until beginning to brown on the edges.
- Meanwhile quarter the olives and tomatoes. Drain and quarter the artichokes. Halve, peel, and thinly slice the red onion. Mince the garlic. Slice the romaine into 1-inch pieces.
- Assemble the flatbread. When the dough is almost golden brown, remove it from the oven and sprinkle with the mozzarella cheese. Top with the olives, artichokes, tomatoes, garlic, onion and feta. Season with salt and pepper. Return to the oven for 7-10 minutes, until the cheese is bubbly.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, toss the romaine with the balsamic vinegar, a drizzle of olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Top the flatbread with the romaine and cut in to slices.
This post is sponsored by Hello Fresh. Thank you for supporting the sponsors that keep us cooking!
If you make this, let us see! Tag your photo with #loveandlemons on Instagram.