Soup is my favorite thing to make regardless of the season – it’s comfy and cozy in the fall and winter, but just because it’s 100 degrees outside now doesn’t mean I don’t crave soup in the summer. Enter: gazpacho.
This one is extra healthy (and bikini-season-friendly) because it’s made with green juice as the base. Since working on these recipes, with Evolution Fresh, I’ve been inspired to incorporate more green juices into my cooking. I got this idea by reading the ingredient list for their Sweet Greens and Ginger cold-pressed juice. It’s full of cucumber, apple, and ginger (among other greens), and sounded like the start of a really refreshing gazpacho. To that, I added yellow tomatoes, a drizzle of good olive oil and sherry vinegar. Sometimes gazpacho recipes call for stale bread to create a creamier soup, but I like to blend in blanched almonds or raw cashews instead.
This soup comes together in about 5 minutes. Blend it, taste it, chill it. Like all soups, it tastes great the next day. I love to eat this one for lunch with avocado toast or a big salad.
Cucumber Apple Green Gazpacho
- 1 large English cucumber
- 1 small green apple
- 1 cup Evolution Fresh Sweet Greens and Ginger
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more serving
- 2 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 3 small yellow tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves
- ¼ cup blanched almonds or pine nuts
- generous amount of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- optional: ½ teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- Blend all ingredients together. Season liberally with salt and pepper, and serve with a drizzle of olive oil.
This post was created in partnership with Evolution Fresh, thank you for supporting the sponsors that keep us cooking!
If you make this, let us see! Tag your photo with #loveandlemons on Instagram.