According to my Instagram feed, you all celebrated this past holiday weekend by eating watermelon, making pie, or grilling up corn on the cob. If you were part of the third group, this is a super easy, super delicious recipe you can toss together if you happen to have leftover grilled corn. And if you don’t…. well, it’s still easy nonetheless.
This ingredient combo happened by accident but I’m so in love with it. I combined the corn I had left over from this grilled corn on the cob recipe with a few things I had in the fridge that I needed to use up before we left town: half of a cucumber, bell peppers, peaches, basil, lime juice and a few spoonfuls of the creamy serrano chile lime sauce from that same corn recipe. It’s a refreshingly sweet, crispy, crunchy, creamy combo that I will most definitely be eating all summer long.
Pair this with whatever you’re grilling.
Oh, and one more thing. We would LOVE it if you could take a minute to nominate us for the Saveur 2016 Blog Awards. Nominations are open through July 18th (click here). We really appreciate your support, thank you!
Corn, Cucumber, Peach & Avocado Salad
- 3 ears of grilled corn on the cob
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- ½ small cucumber, diced
- 2 ripe peaches, pitted and diced
- 1 small avocado, pitted and diced
- 8 basil leaves, thinly sliced
- juice of 1 lime, plus lime wedges for serving
- 3 tablespoons Chile Lime Dressing, plus more to taste
- sea salt
- Make the dressing: In a small food processor, combine the avocado mayonnaise, olive oil, cilantro, lime, serrano, garlic powder, onion powder and a few generous pinches of salt. Pulse until combined. Chill until ready to use.
- Slice the kernels off of the grilled corn and place in a large bowl. Add the red pepper, green pepper, cucumber, peaches, avocado, basil, lime juice, a few pinches of salt, and toss. Add a few tablespoons of dressing, toss again, then taste and add more dressing and/or salt to taste. Serve with extra dressing and lime slices on the side.
If you make this, let us see! Tag your photo with #loveandlemons on Instagram.